Monday, June 2, 2008

I've got a new technical rigging demo up for this thesis project thingy. Check it out here.

It's the most advanced and flexible rig I've ever created before and I've been learning a lot about mel scripting in the process. I think I'm going to create a custom window with all my scripts in it because sometimes there're just useful utility scripts that get made for a project and not really saved.

For example I wrote a script that took the selected control object and colored it. Red for RIGHT and Blue for LEFT. Very simple, very useful in a character rig and I wouldn't want it to get lost in the code ... so Jason Manak's MEL Scripting Bible ... a project in planning.

4 comments:

regina doman said...

Hey Jason, I followed the link but nothing would play. Do I need something special?
Peace
Regina

Jason Manak said...

It plays inside an embedded quicktime so there should be some text ontop of the center graphic that says 'click to play'

Hmm - I should probably change the image so that's a lil' more visible.

Thom said...

Looks good. I'd like his limbs to be able to stretch at least a little. Personally I don't care much for those circle in boxes face controls -- or do I? I guess I like them for general posing but I want to have fine control too, preferably right on the surface.

This isn't a critique so much as "How Thom likes his characters set up." :) Keep up the good work!

Thom

regina doman said...

Wow! I finally got it to work. (I needed QuickTime, which I think that Windows Media had eliminated in a fit of spite last time I updated iTunes or something). It was really cool to watch! I think I'm getting a better idea of what you're talking about.